Friday, April 6, 2012

Wednesday and today are project presentations. My project is very unique in that it does not apply to my major. Previous to coming to BYU and starting my major in Exercise Sciences I attended ASU were I was a Life Science major. I loved it there because it was so general yet specific. My classes ranged from general biology (i. e. plants, animals, fungus) to genetics, to cell biology, to human anatomy. It interconnected all living things -- cells, plants, animals and humans. Now my major is much more specific but considering I have completed all my necessary elective course I choose to do the project I am doing which is connected to agriculture, plants, and farming. My project presentations is as follows:
Title: A Survey of the Adaption of the Agricultural Practices in a Tibetan Refugee Community in South India
In 1959 the Tibetan people became so suppressed by the Chinese Government that they choose to flee to india. The Dalai Lama fled to Dharamsala which has become a hub for the Tibetan Refugees. The Indian Government has allowed the Tibetan Refugees to settle in over 35 settlements spread across India.

In 1963 India's Green Revolution began. This introduced high yielding seeds, fertilizers, pesticides, etc. Everyone began to take advantage of it because you could produce a large harvest and export the goods for profit. BUT these fertilizers and pesticides destroyed the 'healthy' soil.

In 2002 the Dalai 

No comments:

Post a Comment