Friday, January 27, 2012

My Shoes!!!

I got my shoes for india!!!! I absolutely love them. I was able to go out shopping last week and the whole time I was praying my shoes would get here so I could try the outfit on together. Guess what!!! I came home and they were on my door step. I was hoping to find a skirt as well so I could wear it to my brothers wedding in a couple of weeks but I have not been successful yet.
On the other hand, I found the article I read for Wednesdays annotated source very interesting. It was about the Tibetan Government in Exile Independence and Democracy and how they work and don't work together. It sounded similar to what Beau said ya'll talked about. It discusses all the ways that their democracy is not full function in comparison to the western democracy. I found this article to be very bias because the author places our culture on a pedestal when comparing it to the Tibetans culture. I had not realized that the Dalai Lama might not be reincarnated again. It makes me curious about how leadership is going to work after he is gone. The author of the article mentions that because the Dalai Lama was not elected in a competitive competition that it is not a democracy in the same that ours is. The Tibetan people have a different view of him- they didn't need to vote because the majority does fully sustain him as their political and religious leader.

The more I read, I begin to realize that there is so much bias in the articles I found. I guess you just pick through what you find and identify the bias you find and take them very lightly.

1 comment:

  1. Lori! I love your shoes! I want some :) I haven't decided what shoes I want to take with me. My roommate had some similar to yours but without the ankle wrap, I love yours.

    ReplyDelete