Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Schematic


In class on Friday we drew schematic thought maps to help us organize our thoughts about our field studies. It was helpful to split up my idea into categories: Who, Where, How, and other questions. In answering my main question, "How have Tibetans learned to farm on India's soil?" or, "How have Tibetans adapted to the their agriculture to the new climate and terrain," these categories helped me realize what information I have, and some of the information I need. For example, I know all that the internet can teach me about the Tibetan Farm Project, but how can I get in touch with the people in charge and can I work on the farm to get some hands on experience? I also know I want to spend time in the markets looking at the behind the scenes stuff - how is the market set up? Is it open air, in a warehouse? Is refrigeration available or does everything have to be sold right away? I probably won't be able to find a lot of this out until I'm there, but maybe a few answers can be found before I'm there.

No comments:

Post a Comment